As the Coronavirus progresses in South Korea, this article lists vocabulary and resources in English and Korean to stay on top of the infection if you are currently in South Korea. This page will get updated as more information is available.
What To Do
According to the CDC of Korea, for the general population (translated by KoniKorean):
- Wash your hands meticulously with soap under running water.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands.
- Wear a mask when visiting a medical institution
- Refrain from visiting places with many people
More instructions forthcoming.
The call center number is 1339 if you have any fever or respiratory symptoms such as cough or sore throat and after staying in self-quarantine at home for 3 to 4 days or if symptoms are severe (such as temperature above 38 degrees).
Coronavirus-related Korean Vocabulary
|감염경로||gam-yeom-gyeong-ro||infection route (channel)|
|확산||hwak-san||spread, transmission (of virus)|
|고위험군||go-wi-heom-gun||high risk group|